5.03.2008

Crappy bag to evening bag

I survived the seminar. I did get a small amount of knitting done.

I finished the crappy bag from the Yarnpath blog. Pictures later, my co worker that went with me, is a beader. She deemed after looking at the yarn strap I was making that it was all wrong, and pack my little bag up to take home and make a beaded ribbon strap. So from crappy bag to evening bag, I can't wait to see it!!

I also got a small amount of knitting done on some socks. The general consensus of the seminar people was "Why would you want to knit socks when you can buy them?" Yes I could find no fellow knitters. I managed to knit discreetly on breaks.

002

I did escape one evening and found a book store, I ended up buying several yarn related books:003

1) The Yarn Harlot's guide to the land of the knitting. Yes sometimes we just need to read about someone who loves knitting.

2) Two at a time Socks, Yes I am still looking at ways to do this, I find it intriguing  although most of the time not really happy with the result. This book looks promising.

3) Toys to crochet, this was so adorable I couldn't resist. A cow with her wobbly calf, Mermaid, and giraffe. I hope to make one of these soon.

After reading a little of the Two socks at a time book, I am going to attempt to convert the socks I am knitting now to one circular. So I am just continuing the cuff on the second sock to the same length of the first and I'll see what happens.

004

2 comments:

  1. You'll want to make the following changes to the technique section of the book, and then check Storey Publishing's website for the errata in a couple of charts. Changing the steps below will make this a smooth process (honest!)

    Step 17: next to last sentence should read “End having just worked a right side row”

    Turning the Heels, last sentence should read ”…beginning with sock A”

    Step 18: Should read “On heel flap A…”

    Step 22, 23: change all B’s to A’s.

    Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, welcome back to the land of the Knitters. Here you won't find anybody saying "Why don't you just go buy a pair of socks or mittens at Walmart?" A million good reasons why. Keep right on enjoying your knitting. I'll be knitting right beside you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment I love reading them and really appreciate you taking the time to let me know you were here!