1.03.2009

Evolution of a crochet sheep pattern

I know it's after Christmas and even post New Year's Day, but here is my "herd of sheep" ornaments.

Basic pattern from: Chicks with Sticks Guide to Crochet.

This is Syd, he likes to keep an eye on all yarny things...

From the basic pattern the evolution was as follows:

Body too fat, needs to be smaller...

smaller but too long...

Right size, but legs are not quite right...

Ok now legs look good, my girlfriend was over (lives on a farm) and said where are their ears?

Ears?? OK now they have ears..

Smiles....So I had plans to make around 20 ornaments to give away. Maybe next year, now that I have the pattern tweaked to my satisfaction...

May your needles fly as fast as Dragonflies....

 

3 comments:

  1. I love the sheep! I need to get my crochet hooks out again. You're motivating me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Syd is adorable. I love his ears perked up like that.

    The sheep ornaments are such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sheep crack me up! Love the tree decorated with them all together like that :)

    My spinning desire has for some reason disappeared and in its place I think I want to weave or sew! Not sure which yet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment I love reading them and really appreciate you taking the time to let me know you were here!