2.14.2010

Have a Berry Good Valentines Day

007

I had to work on Valentines day, but my husband cooked up some great cobbler!

I thought I would share his recipe and send some berry good love to you!

Berry Good Cobbler

2 cups fresh blueberries

1 cup fresh blackberries

1 cup fresh raspberries

1 t vanilla

1/2 lemon juiced

1 cup natural sugar

4 T flour

1 T butter

1 3/4 cup white flour + 1/4 whole wheat flour

4 t baking powder

6 T sugar

5 T butter (yes the real thing)

1 1/4 cup milk

2 T sugar

several pinches cinnamon

Grease an 8 inch square baking dish. Place the berries into the dish and mix with vanilla and lemon juice. Sprinkle with 1 cup of sugar and 4 T flour, toss very lightly. Stir in the T of melted butter. Set aside.

In a bowl, stir together the white and whole wheat flour, baking powder, and 6 T sugar. Cut in the 5 T of butter using a fork. Make a well in the center and quickly stir in the milk. Mix until just moistened, The batter should be very thick, like a wet dough. Let this rest for 10 min.

Preheat over to 375 degrees F, spoon the batter over the berries, leaving a few small holes for the berries to peer through. Mix together the cinnamon 2 T sugar and sprinkle over top.

Bake for 20 to 25 min or until top is golden brown. A knife inserted into the topping should come out clean.

Let cool before serving, but serve warm.

Of course I think ice cream is a necessity!

Enjoy!

010

1 comment:

  1. Your husband cooks cobbler? What a guy!!!! If mine cooked a cobbler I'm not sure I'd eat it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment I love reading them and really appreciate you taking the time to let me know you were here!