10.20.2008

Alpacas, sheep and knitting, oh my..

Last weekend I made a journey to a fiber festival. Lots of fun.

I found some things to buy, tried out some wheels. My favorite wheel was a Lendrum. But I discovered something funny about myself. I went to, of course buy fiber and yarn, but I also was shopping for a wheel. I sat and tried quite a few. Everyone was so nice and helpful. I decided I liked the Lendrum best.

But......right now, I think I like spinning with a spindle. I am always trying to slow down. My job is so fast paced, and as I started trying to spin on a wheel, I just thought about how fast I could go.

Then I started looking at spindles and trying them out and it felt good and right. I discovered that I want a wheel, but right now, what I need is to spin on a spindle.

With that said check out my booty:

Yes, as you will notice, no yarn, so I better get busy with my spindle, giggles.

May your needles fly as fast as dragonflies...



Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

  1. I was given a spindle about two and a half years ago, and I've yet to give it a try. Spinning my own yarn sounds like a lot of fun...but I fear that I might like it too much and find myself inundated with a fiber stash. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You better put that roving under lock and key because I'm fixin' to stalk you and steal your stash!!!

    It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you answered my question about the wheels. I think I'll stick with a spindle too. It really is very relaxing.

    I love all the fiber you came home with. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment I love reading them and really appreciate you taking the time to let me know you were here!